cancelledMy Learner ID/Mise Mar Fhoglaimeoir
My Learner ID/ Mise Mar Fhoghlaimeoir
‘My Learner Identity’/’Mise Mar Fhoghlaimeoir’ is a new programme designed for learners from preschool through to sixth class to nurture the ‘Who’ and ‘How’ of learning. ‘My Learner ID’ is a unique, creative and absolutely timely resource for education nationally and internationally. The series supports children to become and be learners, on articulating perspectives of themselves as learners and their worldview, their experiences of school and on the educative process. The series provides a coherent developmental framework to nurture learner voice and learner responsibility across the school years.
‘My Learner ID’ supports teachers by:
- Offering a framework to track the voice of the learner across the school years
- Promoting learner ownership and learner responsibility
- Encouraging learners to reflect and develop key learner dispositions associated with effective learning. Attention, Memory, Organisation, Metacognition, Mindsets and Learning Behaviours are explored in third to sixth class. Themes from Aistear are explored in the younger classes
- Balancing the Annual School Report
- Anchoring Learner Support Files
- Supporting 43 Statements of Highly Effective Practice in the ‘Looking at my School’ (DES, 2016) school evaluation framework
- Inviting Parental Partnership
- Providing insight on learners at key transition points
- Promoting lifelong learning and habits of mind
- Scaffolding formative assessment methodologies – Opportunities To Respond, Assist Cards and Cubes, Reflect Cards, Rubrics, Self and Peer Assessment schedules.
This CPD event will present an overview of ‘My Learner ID/Mise Mar Fhoghlaimeoir, the books for third and fourth class, Teacher Guides and the ancillary resources.
More info @ www.mylearnerid.
|Course Date||31-01-2018 7:00 pm|
|Course End Date||31-01-2018 9:00 pm|
|Cut off date||30-11-2018|
|Facilitator||Dr. Suzanne Parkinson|