New round of Creative Clusters 2020/2021 - Applications Open
We are pleased to announce that the application process is now open for a new round of Creative Clusters.
Creative Clusters is a pilot initiative of the Department of Education and Skills, led by and in partnership with the 21 full-time Teacher Education Centres (Education Support Centres Ireland - ESCI) and funded through the Schools Excellence Fund – Creative Clusters Initiative.
Please click the following link for more information and see the Guidelines and Application form attached.
- Schools can apply as part of a cluster which may be an existing network of schools.
- A school nearing the end of year 2 of an existing Creative Cluster can reapply to be in a new cluster where the other schools in the new cluster have not participated before.
- Schools nearing the end of 2 years with Creative Schools are eligible to apply.
- Carrick-on-Shannon Education Centre will have a key role in identifying and supporting a Creative Cluster for our area.
- A total of 21 Creative Clusters will be selected nationally - One successful Creative Cluster per Education Centre.
Applications should be sent to Carrick-on-Shannon Education Centre
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, 03 April 2020.
Carrick-on-Shannon Education Centre will inform the successful cluster. Unsuccessful applicants will also be notified.
Criteria for selection of applicants:
Creative Cluster applications will be assessed and scored against the following criteria:
- The rationale for the application
- Benefits to teaching and learning
- Capacity and commitment of all the schools in the cluster to participate
- Children and Young Peoples Voice